Skip To Content

Encroachment Permits

Encroachment Permit

Encroachment permits are required for any work being done in the City Right-Of-Way (street, gutter, curb, sidewalk, and easements).

The following items need to be submitted with each encroachment permit submittal:
  • Application with 3 sets of plans, specs, and calculations
  • Application fee of $70.00 due at turn in. Projects balance will be charged at the time of permit issuance.
  • Certificate of Liability & Property Damage Insurance OR Statement of Self Insurance listing as additional insured

o Minimum coverages: $500,000 injury or death to any one person          $1 Million for injury or death arising from any one accident $100,000 property damage insurance 

  • Copy of Escalon Business Licenses for Contractor & all Subcontractors
  • Material Submittals 
  • Traffic Control Plan
  • 2 days Before work begins: USA of work area (1-800-227-2600) 

    Required for Completion of Encroachment Permit:
  • Compaction Testing for subgrade, AB, and asphalt OR controlled density material submittal due at time of application. 
  • Inspection by Public Works or Engineering Department. Must be called in 48 hours in advance to 209-691-7470. Call to inquire what inspections are required on your specific project.